[OM] Re: MY NEW WEBSITE FINISHED!... YAY!!! :-)

Subject: [OM] Re: MY NEW WEBSITE FINISHED!... YAY!!! :-)
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 11:30:43 -0500
On 5/3/06, Adam Bolt <adambolt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well... It's almost finished!... I'm interested in getting feedback from
> people to what they don't and do like.
>
> Visit
>
> www.adamboltphotography.com

I'm now reacting not only to the site but to others' comments, I suppose.

I guess I like the blooming thumbnails idea.  I've never seen such a
thing before.  I think it's interesting.  Haven't tried it on all
browsers and at all resolutions.  It takes a little more than the
usual mousing concentration.  Maybe the pictures at their smallest
iteration should be a bit larger.  I generally agree that simplicity
is best, but simplicity is really about transparency.  I think it
takes a fairly deadish concept of thumbnail links and makes it a bit
interesting.  Worth poking further.

I like the black background.  I dislike white backgrounds except for
ordinary web pages.  I like Graham's light gray font on black
background (he also uses white, but there is a gray color that I refer
to).  It seems elegant and gentle.  White text on black background is
a little rough to the eyes.

I see mostly very good things in your site.  Nice! :)

Joel W.