[OM] Re: MY NEW WEBSITE FINISHED!... YAY!!! :-)

Subject: [OM] Re: MY NEW WEBSITE FINISHED!... YAY!!! :-)
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 14:25:29 +0100
Well done, Adam.  The photos are classy, as usual.

But I agree with Moose and with Andrew McPhee with several of their
points.

The web-based email accounts seem to be pretty pointless when you
have your own domain.  But I would hide the email address, or
disguise it, if you can.  In that way you will avoid spam for longer.

However, I like the dark background and I should go for an "off-
black" colour like #333333 and use an off-white text colour as you
have in some parts of the site.  Too much contrast is difficult to
take, but black on white would cause similar reading problems, for me
at least.  Your pale orange text is pretty cool.

The small buttons are too small for a viewer with more than 1,000
pixels across their monitor.  Do you think that your target audience
will have old monitors or low-resolution displays (e.g. fewer than
800 across)?  I thought that most of the buttons were pointless until
I had a go with each one and they _are_ useful, but it would be
better if they were larger.

I like the small thumbnails, but only after I have got used to the
overall scale of the pages.

I dare not write any more until I have done something useful with my
website ;-)

Thanks for showing it to us.

Chris

~~ >-)-