[OM] [Digital] A modest offering

Subject: [OM] [Digital] A modest offering
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 16:54:19 -0600
Apropos of nothing in particular, this is one of the first images
from the new E-1 taken with legacy glass (in this case, a Zuiko
100/2.0 lens at F/8 and 1/1000 second).  The photo is nothing
special, 'cept that it's a view about five minutes' drive from my
house, at a place called Heritage Park.  In this image, I'm looking
approximately southwest about 1:30 P.M. today (April 28, 2006),
across the Glenmore Reservoir and towards the Front Ranges of the
Canadian Rockies.  Notice that the deciduous trees look barren in
this image, but are in fact just starting to bud out, giving a very
slight greenish tinge to their otherwise grey limbs:

        http://www.telusplanet.net/~garth/SW_View.jpg

Sometimes I'm glad I live here.  8^>

Garth

P.S.:  In the next few days, I'm gonna take the time to post a more
extensive musing on the new E-1 and how it compares to the Minolta A1
and Contax U4R I own.  Using the legacy glass has been interesting --
in some cases, results have been *outstanding* (I've done shots with
the Zuiko 21/2.0, 50/1.2, 90/2.0, 100/2.0 and 200/4.0), and in
others, puzzling.  More later.