[OM] Re: I have relented ....

Subject: [OM] Re: I have relented ....
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 12:07:52 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Chuck Norcutt wrote:

> If you have any plans to send images to a lab for printing the lab will
> be expecting sRGB.  If you send them something else they'll convert it.
>
> I think it's simply easier to start and finish with sRGB.  Simplifies
> your work flow and avoids conversions.

It's easy to convert from Adobe RGB into sRGB before sending to a lab.
I prefer the wider gamut of Adobe RGB for editing, it gives you more room
to work with when making adjustments.  We're also starting to see new LCD
monitors which claim to be able to display the entire Adobe RGB gamut.
The top Eizo monitor is one of them, in the future I'm sure we'll see many
more models with the Adobe RGB spectrum.
                                        -mark