[OM] Re: My Olympus DSLR rant

Subject: [OM] Re: My Olympus DSLR rant
From: "Robert Swier" <robert.swier@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 08:35:18 -0400
Chuck, I was about to make the same suggestion. Here in Toronto I am
basically in three different camera clubs. Nearly everyone shoots
Canon. I have to say, even when I hold a 5D in my hands, it feels a
little cheaper than my E1. But it performs better, and lenses are
available for it everywhere. If I was buying a camera today, it would
be a 5D with a selection of Canon lenses.  *sigh*

Of course, I would like to also consider the E-1 replacement, but that
does not appear to be forthcoming.

In fact, it looks to me like Olympus really did box themselves into a
corner with the 4/3 format for professional cameras. I am just
surprised that it seems to have happened with their very first camera.

Robert Swier
Toronto