[OM] more zuiko shots.. and more questions :)

Subject: [OM] more zuiko shots.. and more questions :)
From: "Christos Stavrou" <christos.stavrou@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 02:10:29 +0100
Hi again,

I believe all of you guys kind of.. enjoy more and more of zuiko shots.. :)
I also hope to get some opinions and advice on technical issues, about
scanning film and studio lighting, as well...
Thank you in advance

--> So, here's a recent portrait with my OM-4 and the Zuiko 50/1.4
ser.number: 1046xxx
 http://www.deviantart.com/view/32429064/
(unfortunately the lens needs internal cleaning...)
The pic, by the way, was converted to b/w.. I was not happy with the colour.

--> Now  another portrait -in 2 versions,  which has troubled me very much,
however..
This was made with the Zuiko 100/2.8

version 1 here: http://www.deviantart.com/view/32429381/
is the original non-processed scan directly coming out from a Canon FS7210
in default settings of its own software and some kind of auto colour
exposure... (note, no colour profile has been assigned to either uploaded
pic)
version 2 here: http://www.deviantart.com/view/32429466/
is just very quickly post-processed for comparison (added filter 'deepblue'
and reduced saturation in yellow & red)

My questions now are:

a) Anyone else who has faced the problem of a dominant blue cast after
scanning with the above scanner? (especially Fuji film)..And any personal
advice about how to deal with it!?..

b) the studio lights that I'm using here have obviously a yellowish
colour... seen on right side, left lit by natural light.
Any advice on how to avoid or counter-balance this?
(For example, should I use a cooling filter, such as the 80A I think it's
called.. move them further?.. start using polaroids for test?..)

Thanks again
Christos

PS: by the way, this 'more & more' feeling, that I'm describing above, works
for me only with prawns, apart the zuikos...