[OM] Re: more zuiko shots.. and more questions :)

Subject: [OM] Re: more zuiko shots.. and more questions :)
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 06:01:07 +0100
Christos

I should have said that your "processed" version was too blue.  You
started off with a warm image (which looked fine to me :-)) and
cooled it down too much, in my view.

I don't know which software you use to control your scanner, but I
should avoid including any surround white space in your scan as it
affects the automatic colour balance and exposure.

I use Vuescan and I can check the effect of different white balance
settings (none, daylight, neutral, shade etc ...) before scanning.
The built-in settings for different films are very useful as well;
even the "generic" settings are good.

I had a go at using Levels with your image, but it did not help
much.  If you use a mix of light types you are bound to have some
effect and it is best, I understand, to get the balance right at the
exposure stage as too much post-processing and you are likely to make
a decent shot worse.

Chris
~~ >-)-
C M I Barker