[OM] Re: OT - Floors and Finishes WAS Re: Another kitchen

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - Floors and Finishes WAS Re: Another kitchen
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 08:26:15 +1000
Indeed - unfortunately, Jarrah gets overexploited because it grows
best in bauxite soils....
Mountain Ash = E. regnans. Finally it came to me. It's used here for
windows and lining boards due to its straight character and ease of
commercial drying. Strange we export it as we import a lot of
tropical timbers from the devastated forests of Malaysia and
Indonesia as substitutes.
Oh, one small revenge - most of the original windows and doors in my
1919 house are made of 'red pine' which I believe to be Sequoia.

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx