[OM] Re: E-1 print quality

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 print quality
From: "tOM Trottier" <tOM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 12:45:54 -0400
On Thursday, April 13, 2006 at 8:21,
AG Schnozz <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> BTW, the 4/3 sensor actually saved the day in this shoot. I
> needed a DoF that extended from about four inches to 50 feet.
> Hence the F22 at 14mm. I could have probably gotten by with less
> aperture, but without scales you really don't know.  I
> definitely could have used that 7-14mm lens last night.  In the
> final result diffraction WASN'T a problem as I was able to
> correct much of that during conversion with RSE 2006.

There is a DOF calculator for the E1 at
    http://www.olympus-europa.com/consumer/dslr_7246.htm
Runs on Palm or PocketPC

I've tended to use one or two stops less to accommodate big enlargements with
my
OMs, but at least you know where to focus for equal sharpness at nearest and
farthest.

tOM

-- Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur --
   ,__@         tOM Trottier
 _-\_<,         758 Albert St., Ottawa ON Canada  K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)        N45.412 W75.714         +1 613 860-6633
     Q,  Q,
    </  </      This world, after all our science and sciences, is still
 (`-/---/-')            a miracle; wonderful, inscrutable, magical and more,
~~@~~~~@~~~~~~  to whosoever will think of it. --Thomas Carlyle