[OM] Re: E-1 print quality

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 print quality
From: "Richard Lovison" <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 11:08:51 -0400
On 4/12/06, Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I suspect that Olympus' "problem" is that they saw film as the
> competition.  Once they had results better than 35mm film they thought
> they were OK and that 4/3's was OK.  They failed to note that Canon and
> Nikon were the real competition.

Hi Chuck,

>From a business standpoint you may be correct though what you now perceive
as a "problem" may not be a problem in the future depending if there is a
successor to the E-1 and what attributes it may possess.  I'm probably
overly optimistic but what the heck, I've always rooted for the underdog.  I
also don't feel Olympus will ever seriously compete with Nikon or Canon and
take on the number 1 or 2 spot in the market but that doesn't bother me as
long as they stay in the digital SLR business.  The OM system "worked" for
me and just felt "right" and their digital system is now growing on me as
well.

Richard