[OM] Re: E-1 print quality

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 print quality
From: Wayne S <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 22:42:07 -0400
At 10:00 AM 4/12/2006, you wrote:
>I suspect that Olympus' "problem" is that they saw film as the
>competition.  Once they had results better than 35mm film they thought
>they were OK and that 4/3's was OK.  They failed to note that Canon and
>Nikon were the real competition.

Or also that Canon and Nikon did not lock themselves in to a specific
format, so they can have digital specific lenses and full frame
lenses. And a migration path for existing users, and an already
existing technology in autofocus and IS, and ... and ... and ...
and all Oly can hope for now is a major break through in sensor
technology, but then, so will every body else, at full frame.
I guess you gotta be a devotee to love Olympus stuff these days.

Now what would be cool is an E-1 quality camera in a really
compact form, Mx with some Leica glass .... they have to play
the cool game now. a Panoly... Olysonic

WayneS - just chiming in, please ignore