[OM] YADT: We'll have to watch this, Moose; was Re: Re: E-500 or E-1

Subject: [OM] YADT: We'll have to watch this, Moose; was Re: Re: E-500 or E-1
From: Wayne S <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 11:16:51 -0400
At 11:17 PM 4/8/2006, you wrote:

>Chuck,
>Clearly Canaanites are in denial about dust, and E-thingers about noise. ;^)
>
>Joel W.

So a few patent trades, Oly trades anti-dust for some Canaanite IS.

I'm not in denial about dust, the C-non 5D *does* have dust issues, no
doubt. I'm still evaluating how much of a problem it is going to be. I
had dust in my E-1. Maybe now with my 5D cleaning skills I could go
back and fix the E-1. I'm still wondering about the type of dust that
still sticks to the E-1 sensor and dust that does not.

It seems that dust that does not stick to the E-1 could be easily
handled in the 5D with the CO2 duster, which is quick and fast.

I'm wondering also if dust problems are related to the type of dust?
Like Styrofoam bubbles, some dust may hold a static charge while other
dust may not. Grand Canyon dust may be a lot different than industrial
dust (like plastics). Most of the hard to remove dust in my 5D is
spherical in appearance, not fiber like in appearance. It may be that
once a camera becomes contaminated with this *bad* dust, it stays a
problem, like Styrofoam, it just won't let go.

Yet another dust theory. Why some users all of a sudden start having
major dust issues - They have *bad* dust from manmade materials,
like plastics, and even though it gets knocked off the sensor, remains
in the mirror box, only to re-infect the sensor.

WayneS