[OM] Re: E-500 or E-1 - (5D dust)

Subject: [OM] Re: E-500 or E-1 - (5D dust)
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 10:49:22 -0600
At 10:29 AM 09/04/2006, Joel Wilcox wrote:

[snip]

>LOL!  Garth, I can't tell you what a delight it is to have you in the
>E-thingie Lonely Hearts Club.  Hope you'll take a few shots with one
>of them big bottles (250/2?).

Thanks, Joel.

Coincidentally, I just won (well, a few days ago, anyway) an auction
on ePay for a legacy 1.4X-A Zuiko teleconverter for the Zuiko 250/2.0
which has been criminally underused since I bought it a few years
ago.  It should (hopefully) arrive within a few days.  Imagine -- a
700/2.8 (equiv) on the E-1.  With the Vivitar Macro-focusing 2X tele,
a 1000/4.0!  Think I'll try taking some shots of the
Moon.  8^>  (Gotta go check the specs on my tripod heads -- I'm
actually not sure if they can safely handle the weight of the 250/2.0...)

I've already slapped the 200/4.0 on the E-1, and it's a nice
hand-hold, actually, although using it in spot-meter mode is a REALLY
BAD IDEA (underexposes like crazy, for some reason -- I attribute the
problem to operator error [as is usually the case when talking about
me and cameras in the same sentence]).  Using it in centre-weighted
mode is surprisingly effortless.  Haven't tried the 300/4.5 yet,
though (it's been cold and rainy here for the past few, and while the
camera won't mind, I certainly do, and the legacy lenses aren't
waterproof, either).

Yep, good times ahead.  And summer.  Always welcome in the wilds of Canada.

Garth