[OM] Re: very slightly OT: Digital

Subject: [OM] Re: very slightly OT: Digital
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 22:37:20 -0500
On 4/7/06, Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote many things that
made me LOL:

> Man, somedays I'm a dope.

Yup.  Welcome aboard.

> **HEAVY SIGH**
>
> Laugh at me all you want.

Well, I've been laughing all right.

> I've got an E-1 with a Zuiko 100/2.0
> attached to it.  It ROCKS.  I'm truly impressed with the thought that
> went into the ergonomics of this camera body.  My *only* complaint so
> far is that they didn't equip the E-1 with memory-enabled multi-spot
> metering.

You learn fast.  But the spot metering is actually pretty great.  The
spot on an E-1 seems a little more precise than on the OM-4 (heresy!).
 Finding and measuring a middle value that works seems a little easier
to me.  Can the ergonomics be praised too highly?  That has so much to
do with the pleasure in holding the camera and shooting.

Enjoy, Garth.

Joel W.