[OM] Re: very slightly OT: Digital

Subject: [OM] Re: very slightly OT: Digital
From: Wayne S <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 11:26:08 -0400
You may want to rummage through the archives. My frustration with
Olympus digital has pushed me into the Canon 5D camp. You can
use an OM lens on that camera. Olympus digital is nothing like the
OM film cameras. Ergonomically that are good. Noise not so good.
Raw files are large compared to Canon. You'd think Oly could at
least to the bare minimum of compressing their raw files. You have
don't have a huge investment in OM lenses it sounds.

The cleaner the pixels, the more you can blow up the final image.
Pixel count is not as important as lens and noise. I tend to take
the square root of the pixel count.

With higher resolution, sometimes you have to re-think your
technique and the tradeoff of 1/focal length = shutter speed
for hand holding, which is based on the resolution of film.

WayneS