[OM] Re: Oboy #7607265614

Subject: [OM] Re: Oboy #7607265614
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 09:45:15 -0700
Some seem to have surely had different people involved. The writing changed
too much. Tracking down the guilty wouldn't be easy. Following the money is
probably the only way.

Widening out to abuse - the spammers seem to be going to greater and greater
lengths to send their spam. I'm seeing junk come through with forged
webmaster@ return addresses. I can't imagine why anyone would send money to
someone who has forged the recipients address as their own. In the last week
or so the spam getting through to me has doubled. It's interesting that the
amount of spam with my actual email address ( jeff@ ) seems to have gone
down. I guess enough people had problems with blocking the spam sender only
to find out they had blocked their own address that the ISPs implemented an
effective way to identify the spam.

I would love to see the both the fraud and spam perpetrators receive some
serious punishment. Ideally suck enough money out of them to fund more good
guys to go after them.

-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>

Jeff, this is an interesting point that raises an odd question.  I wonder if
there are 'consultants' that offer their services to write the copy for
these scams?

We need to keep in mind that the people who do these things aren't
pranksters; they're criminals and should be dealt with as such.

ScottGee1