[OM] Re: OT: Epson 1280 Printer Question

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Epson 1280 Printer Question
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 15:46:54 -0800 (PST)
> It must. I went down and looked at the box. It's Ilford
> Gallerie Classic Pearl, not glossy as I remembered. I've used
> about 6 sheets before giving up. You can't put anything on it
> for at least 3 days.

Well, I'm another day north of you on I-35...

With the Canon printer, the ink is dry to the touch in about two
minutes and takes overnight for the surface swelling to have
receded. The dyes are absorbed to the emulsion and sealed off.
Pigment inks are not compatible with the classic paper. The
instant-dry paper (which actually evaperates the ink carrier
through the back) is literally dry instantly. Coming right out
of the printer it's Arizona dry.  I use the instant stuff for
on-site proof prints.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com