[OM] Re: Help! Moron needs computer advice.

Subject: [OM] Re: Help! Moron needs computer advice.
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 15:19:55 -0800 (PST)
> RAID has no dedicated external hardware,
> therefore the motherboard is still a single point of failure
> in the array.

Good advice.  Personally, my favorite form of RAID is RAID-5.
This is an N+1 configuration and is very good for multi-access,
highly fragmented data.  RAID-3 is better for streaming of VIDEO
and other huge amounts of high-bandwidth data.

But, for PC use, I'd be hard pressed to use ANY RAID. I prefer
mirrored data in independant storage chains in different
computers.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com