[OM] Re: A lens to supplement my 50mm/1.8 Zuiko

Subject: [OM] Re: A lens to supplement my 50mm/1.8 Zuiko
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 20:53:47 +0000
No, I think I just didn't get the exposures exactly the same.  But my point
was, and still is, that the old 65-200, cloudy lens element and all, is still
usable and is, at least to my old eyes, just about as sharp as the
30-years-newer DZ lens.  Certainly, it's a lot less versatile, and it won't
change which lens I use with the E-thingies, but maybe my little experiment
will keep some of you from pitching your foggy-element oldies in the trash just
yet.  I've put it back where I can easily find it for film shooting,
particularly in harsh sunlight.  Sometimes we look too much at the gear and not
enough at what the gear can do.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from