[OM] Re: A lens to supplement my 50mm/1.8 Zuiko

Subject: [OM] Re: A lens to supplement my 50mm/1.8 Zuiko
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 20:06:19 +0000
Actually, the histograms of the two shots were just about the same.  I think
the hazy element lowers the contrast a little and flattens out high-contrast
images like this one, all for the more better in this case.  It's a lot warmer,
too.  But, according to Olympus, it's only "good to go" at f/8.  And I just
couldn't get the auto-focus to work at all.  On the other hand, it's less than
half the size and weight of the DZ.  I'm not ready yet to throw mine away.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --