[OM] Re: [OT] How to change clock

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] How to change clock
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 10:59:13 -0500
Jez Cunningham wrote:

> Apologies for such an off-topic question, but can anyone tell me how
> to change the clock on my 2005 BMW 320 ?  There must be a secret
> handshake or three-finger salute somewhere?
> (The garage gave me an English handbook when I bought it but it has a
> crucial chapter missing!  It's due in for its first service next week
> but the clocks will change to summer time this weekend...)
> thanks
> jez

Well I would assume that it just uses your GPS navigation system to look
up your location, refers to it's local jurisdiction database and sets
the time accordingly.  :-)

> ps - in an attempt to get slightly on-topic - do digital cameras do
> summertime / dst changes automatically?

Not that I know of.  The Minolta A1 doesn't, the Minolta 7D doesn't and
the Canon 5D doesn't.  I would assume lesser cameras of each brand don't
do it either.  Problem is, even if you know the time zone (which these
cameras don't) in the US at least, it still requires local knowledge of
whether a particular political jusisdiction actually abides by daylight
savings time.

Chuck Norcutt