[OM] Re: Super 4/3?

Subject: [OM] Re: Super 4/3?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 07:33:38 -0500
Now that I've had some more coffee I think my memory about square format
was faulty.  I think the statement was more like the 4/3 standard had
codified the image circle and not the aspect ratio.  Therefore, someone
was free to make a square format as long as it fit within the image
circle which is probably pretty close to the diagonal of the existing
4/3 sensors.

Chuck Norcutt

  I'm sure I couldn't find the reference but I recall reading