[OM] Re: Super 4/3?

Subject: [OM] Re: Super 4/3?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 17:59:32 -0500
This Oly page states that the 4/3 in the specification refers to the
size of the image circle which is four thirds of an inch or 1-1/3 inches
  or 33.8mm.
<http://olympusdigitalschool.com/e-system_cameras/e-1/E-1_Digital_Camera_-_A_Closer_Look/index.html>

The E-1 only uses 21.6mm of that.
<http://www.olympus-europa.com/consumer/dslr_7045.htm>

Note that both page references are official Oly sources.

Chuck Norcutt