[OM] Re: E System items not available

Subject: [OM] Re: E System items not available
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 09:07:44 -0000
I had assumed that it was a result of having changed the manufacturing
process - whereas the OM bodies were produced more-or-les continuously on
lines dedicated to the purpose, I believe that the E- bodies are made in
batches on flexible lines.  So it's not just that the pipeline is empty, but
that it may be a while before more are made.  If the model has not been
superseded by that time.

The dedicated OM lines were one reason stated for the termination of the OM
series - Olympus could no longer justify keeping available a manufacturing
facility which ran perhaps one day a month (for the by-then reduced demand
for OM bodies).

--
Piers