[OM] Which camera? A little different cut.

Subject: [OM] Which camera? A little different cut.
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 15:21:49 EST
With all the Canon/Nikon/Olympus discussions going on and the mini-flames
shooting up on the prairie, it provided a bit of time to reflect on the "why"
of
 this one over that one.  The questions asked are legitimate questions  and
the answers really boil down to personal taste/opinion.  Given the time  and
opportunity to use any system for any period of time, I suspect we each  could
learn to like whatever brand we were using, even if it were one of the  brand X
models.

As I embark on a photo excursion, I think about what I want to accomplish,
and then design my kit around those thoughts.  With any luck at all, I will
have the pieces I need that day.

This past Saturday, I went to the High Island rookery to photograph the
birds that congregate there this time of year to nest, breed and raise their
young.  I packed the e-1 kit, including the 50-200mm and 1.4X as I wanted  to
reach out a little.  Also put the Tamron 400mm f4 in the back of the  Suburban,
in
case I needed a little more reach.  Glad I did as the DZ with  the 1.4X
wouldn't work properly (sorry, haven't sorted it out yet to tell  you what the
problem was).

I've been there many times and although I felt like I had the birds  covered,
I knew there were a couple of other opportunities which might occur, so  I
also packed the 4X5 pinhole camera and my Agfa Clack with a partially use roll
of Tri-X.  I used all three and got some images with each of them, with
which, I am pleased.

One of the questions I ask myself when I get ready to do a shoot is, "What
is it I will do today that will bring me enjoyment and give me images that
will do the same."  Some variation of that question is what drives my  buying
decisions with camera gear.  For me it really doesn't matter that  much whose
tool it is, as long as I have fun with it and produce images I  like.

As I go off to retrieve my latest acquisition for the repair guy, a Semi
Leotax (645 format folder from the 40's), I would pose the question of,  "Are
you
having fun with your camera and are you producing "you pleasing"  images.  If
you are, then it really doesn't matter what you are using to do  it.  Bill
"Got an abundance of cameras" Barber