[OM] Re: Shift lens Newbie: You Won eBay Item: OLYMPUS OM Zuiko 35mm SH

Subject: [OM] Re: Shift lens Newbie: You Won eBay Item: OLYMPUS OM Zuiko 35mm SHIFT 2.8 lens MINT (7597077356)
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 08:54:43 -0000
Well done, Mike, saw that one close for a very attractive price - didn't
notice the buyer id!

Yes, you do have to set exposure before shift, the sequence is:

Align camera with back parallel to plane of subject
Determine required exposure (remember that the shift lenses have manual
aperture, you need to press the stop-down button)
Shift lens as required.

BUT I suspect that on the later OTF metering bodies, you can actually meter
after shifting without too much problem.

--
Piers