[OM] Re: The E-330

Subject: [OM] Re: The E-330
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 20:38:59 +0000
In the short time I've had the E-330, I've mostly been playing with settings
and menu choices and haven't actually taken any "real" pictures, just fiddling
with stuff to see the effects of whatever settings I had entered, and most all
pictures taken were of the in-house, on-deck, and backyard clutter I wouldn't
want anyone to see, so they were all quickly deleted lest they fall into the
wrong hands.

However, just moments ago, I ventured about 30 feet past the garage doors and
into the vinca that grows along the driveway and took the first couple of shots
made in anger, sitting comfortably, cross-legged like an Indian (can't say
"native American," because I was born in Chattanooga, which makes me a native
American too) on my ass/arse, with the E-330 and DZ 50/2 resting reasonably
steadily on my left New Balance shod foot, all the while comfortably viewing
the LCD in "B" mode and knowing thereby both the exact focus point, thanks to
the 10X view, and the DOF.

This is a tiny little JPEG thereof, and even the original is not something I'll
keep, but it is an example of how handy this camera is for some situations,
like shooting stuff less than 4 inches off the ground.  And it was windy, too,
so this might have been even better if I'd waited until tomorrow.  But I'm not
the paient sort.  And my ears never got closer than 2 1/2 feet to the ground.
:-)

http://home.att.net/~hiwayman/wsb/media/192375/site1096.jpg

Walt

--