[OM] Epson V700

Subject: [OM] Epson V700
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 10:40:21 +0100
I have just ordered one of these and should get it either today or
tomorrow, I  couldn't wait for the end of the photo-i review  but
reading between the lines vincent is impressed.

I thought of a dedicated film scanner but then reasoned that flat beds
seem to be where the manufacturers  are concentrating now and that as
most seem people to scan at half  maximum resolution a 3200 dpi scan is
better than a 2700 dpi. My last concern was Dmax but looking at the
comparison scan's I think this v700 will do just fine - I sure hope so
because it's pretty much the same price as the nikon coolscan V, but
then again that won't scan the old prints I have.

I hope I haven't just made another huge scanner mistake ;-)

IanW