[OM] It's happened. I've relented.

Subject: [OM] It's happened. I've relented.
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 22:31:56 -0000
Hi Guys.

Yes, I've finally decided to give Digital a go.  There is no way anyone
will prise my OMs from my hands, but the camera bag will be complimented
with a dSLR of some sort.  If it's good enough that Walt has bought a
2nd one, then I'm sure I can learn to enjoy it.

So now I'm torn.  I want a truly unbiased (yeah right !) opinion from
anyone with experience of the cameras I'm considering.  OFF LIST please,
as I don't want to start any wars here !  I want to stick with Olympus,
but why ?  Is it just because I like the OM line so much ?  What has
that got to do with my choice for a totally different type of camera ?
There's something irrational there that is pulling me to Olympus and I
want to be sure I'm making a rational decision here.  I nearly clicked
the fatal button today.

So the 2 cameras I'm considering at the moment are :

Olympus E500 and C*non 20D

(Ducks for cover).

I know there are people here with experience of both, so thoughts on why
you made the choice you did would help me I think.

Final question, Olympus are no longer giving away the MA-1 adaptor right
?  I have to buy it now ?  Hmm.  That evens the field a bit.  I can buy
an adaptor for either of the above cameras to use my OM lenses, right ?

Oh, and unless you want a full-scale grumpy-rant then don't ask what has
finally pushed me over the edge.  Suffice to say that I really hate
scanning.  And I really hate the results I'm getting from every Process
& Print lab I've tried over the last year or 2.  The OMs will still get
an outing every now and then though, don't worry about that !

Regards,

Jon

PS:  Or should I be considering the E330 over the E500 ?  Go on, throw
something else into the equation !