[OM] Re: OM salvage operation

Subject: [OM] Re: OM salvage operation
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 20:35:14 +0000
How bad's the leakage?  You might be surprised at what a stiff brush and some
white vinegar can accomplish.  When we were cleaning out the basement a few
months back, we discovered a couple of Star Trek blasters the youngest one had
back in the late '70s, probably with the original batteries still inside, which
of course had "let go."  There was so much white "crud" inside both of them
that it was nearly impossible to tell what brand the batteries were.  Anyway,
after some vinegar soaking, which always causes lots of fizzing, and vigorous
brushing, they cleaned up nicely, worked with new batteries, and are in the
pile of crap I'm going to put on eBay someday soon.  Last time I looked, these
things are selling for about $25 if they still make that annoying screeching
noise, which is what the batteries were for.  Both do now.

You have nothing to lose, sounds like to me, if the foot's all you think is
salvagable.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from