[OM] Re: Digital decisions

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital decisions
From: Wayne S <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 12:08:26 -0500
All I know is that my E-1 had no problems either, except immediately
after the firmware upgrade that changed the auto-focus. To me it was
clearly the firmware change, not the camera or sensors. The light
from the dimmers has to be at a frequency that aliases with the sensor
sampling (aliasing is like a beat frequency between two tones).
Some dimmer and light combinations may not reproduce the problem.
I suppose their may be differences in cameras, like the internal clock
being off in mine, that may have made this firmware change a problem
in my camera only. It's out of my hands now, the 5D has no such problem.
Wayne