[OM] Re: Digital decisions

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital decisions
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 01:06:56 +1300
Joel wrote

>  If you gave the western third of Iowa to Nebraska, it
> would raise the aggregate IQ of both states.
>
> Joel W.

Flame time coming

A much disliked Prime Minister of New Zealand in the 1970's and early
1980's, Robert Muldoon, once quipped when the matter of excessive
migration of New Zealanders to OZ was raised, that every new NZ migrant to
Australia raised the average IQ of both countries by a significant amount.

Brian

Ps; I didn't like his successor, David Lange,  much either. However, he was
equally sharp as wit goes. In a debate at the Oxford Union, (Oxford, UK) on
atomic energy and atomic weapons, with the ? USA ambassador to the UK
(could have been a vice-president), he scored a point by saying that he could
smell the uranium on the breath of his opponent. That quip earned a lifetime
of resentment.

My word, it's hard to spell good after too many wines!!