[OM] Re: E-1 ISO 800 Acceptability

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 ISO 800 Acceptability
From: Donald <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 13:40:09 +0000
Joel Wilcox wrote:
> Here are a couple of comparison shots of my daughter glued to her
> Nintendo.  DZ 14-54 at f3.5.

Hah! I've seen that look. You'd have to dynamite the Nintendo to get her
attention... how can they keep that up?

For various reasons I've not shot a frame since October, but I've been using
the
time to explore the possibilities of what happens when digital becomes
inevitable. I like the way 4/3 is going, and it is still my front-runner.
Again,
I'm a low ISO man.

One thing I ran across was a review of the E-1 which tackled the max sensor
resolution of the form factor. Scaling the density of the E20 up to 4/3 gave
around 20 megapixels. Half that is more than enough, I think, and if 400 is
good
enough in sensitivity terms (I never shoot higher) I'd go for it.

As it is, some of the original file downloads I've seen from the E-1 are good
enough for me.

Money to pay for it is another issue entirely!

Still not feeling an urgent need for digital,

D.