[OM] Re: Digital decisions

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital decisions
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 01:37:56 EST

In a message dated 3/6/2006 6:21:03 P.M. Central Standard Time,
lmwoods@xxxxxxx writes:

How does  the E-1 compare in ergonomics with either of the
Evolt models?  The 5  MP sensor doesn't bother me, but is there
anything else in its older  technology that makes it an
inferior tool?  It doesn't have a built-in  flash. Can I use an
OM T20 flash with it?

Brief answer:

You will be pleased the OLYMPUS build and ergonomics of the e-1.   I would go
with the 14-54mm lens.  You can use your OM flashes on your e-1  (I do and I
also have the fl-50).  I have no idea about the Vivitar  flash.  Watch the
pricing on the Lexar 80X cards as they have been very  favorably priced.  You
don't really need a 4 gig or 2 gig card IMHO.   I have two 1 gig, a 512 and a 2
gig. You can get 96 raw files on a 1 gig card  (about three rolls of film
worth).  Bill Barber