[OM] Re: Question for agschnozz

Subject: [OM] Re: Question for agschnozz
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 20:33:56 -0800 (PST)
> How about an update on the Coolscan V?

Works good.

> I was hoping you might post some of
> your excellent work flow suggestions on the use of this
> scanner.

Sorry, still developing them.  I scanned a bunch of slides and
then discovered a flaw in my settings.  Started over.  Scanned a
bunch of slides and discovered another problem.  Started over.
Scanned a bunch of slides and got a bit ticked off when I foiund
another problem.  Now I'm tweeking on just a handful of
representative slides until I get my settings down pat.  Not
quite there yet.  Close, but...

> I think you also use Vuescan.

Yes, I do.  However, the Nikon Scan software is good enough that
I might be able to use that for the bulk of my photos. Vuescan
definitely has advantages when it comes to problem images.

My primary issue at this point has to do with a slight "veil"
over the images and muted greens.

I borrowed Joel's IT8 target again and was completely amazed at
the overall color accuracy and dynamic range.  A poor scan from
the Coolscan V pretty well beat the best scans I got from the
LS-20.

My goal is to achieve a near automated process where I can scan
and not need to photoshop anything going to the stock agencies.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com