[OM] Why shoot RAW

Subject: [OM] Why shoot RAW
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 23:49:03 -0800
I was noodling through some vacation pics and one just stood out in the
thumbnails as way too light and washed out. I wondered how I'd managed
such a poor exposure when others around it were fine. Then I wondered
what could be done with it.

It's a nothing shot in most ways, just a snap of the deck where we would
be eating in a few minutes. But fooling around with it has changed it
from a throw away to a keeper for the personal vacation album. No way an
8 bit image could have been goosed this much without starting to show
weirdness <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/MPhotos/Marriner.htm>.

Food was so so. View of the harbor was great
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Combos/pages/DSCF0492-1.htm>.

Moose