[OM] Re: Olympus OM Odyssey - Wayne's Photos

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus OM Odyssey - Wayne's Photos
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 06:35:46 +0000
Sorry for the confusion, everyone.  Google Earth doesn't use what are
for me normal lat & long formats and it takes a bit of getting used-
to.  But I reckoned that, since G.E. produced the numbers a simple
cut and paste would have done it.

Notwithstanding the slight difference in format for insertion and the
censoring of China's Google, G.E. is a truly stupendous piece of
work.  I have been around the world visiting places I lived as a
child, discovering orientation that escaped me then.  For instance,
we used to live on Ras Marshag in Aden (now Sunaa), above Crater; our
parents took my brother and me to a bathing area called Goldmoor,
fenced against sharks, which I always thought was along the coast.  I
now realise that it was around the rock ...

... it brings back lots of memories; if only my father were alive
today to see such technological wonders!

If anyone is interested, it is approx N12deg 46, E45deg 03; you will
see that I have the names incorrectly spelled.

Chris
~~ >-)-
C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.