[OM] Re: Snow

Subject: [OM] Re: Snow
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 20:07:25 -0800
James N. McBride wrote:

>That much snow is a problem here in the boonies where we are well prepared
>for it. I can't imagine what it's like where the population density is high
>and there are so many logistical problems. Hang on.......

Don't be too concerned, Buffalo knows from snow. They've had snow storms
and seasons that rival those pics you have posted.

I almost ended up in a tiny, unincorporated, company town East of
Buffalo on the Erie Canal at about age 11. I've always kept a weather
eye on Buffalo so as to remember to be thankful for not spending my teen
years there.

Sunny and warmish to warm here in NoCal. for the past week or so and
more predicted to come. Most of the plants seem to have decided that
it's two months later and gone into full spring mode. Theory is that La
Niña will mean less than normal rain for the rast of the winter.
Reservoirs are in good shape, so I guess it's OK.

Good luck to you folks in the serious weather.

Moose (bad Moosie, bad pun, bad...)