[OM] Re: using 35mm lense with 4/3 dlsr

Subject: [OM] Re: using 35mm lense with 4/3 dlsr
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 13:04:50 -0800

>I agree about the sometimes disturbing bokeh of the CAT lenses.  I've had my
>500/8 for over 20 years, and before the E-1 came here, I bet I didn't take 100
>shots using it for precisely that reason.  But with digital and the usual and
>customary "adjustments" we make in the process, correcting the bad bokeh and
>those annoying donut highlights that sometimes appear is not a major problem.
>Couple that with the fact the 500/8 weighs less than a pound and .......

Walt,

You are right about the pluses of the 500/8. Excellent cantrast and
saturation too, for a CAT. However I sold mine because of the bokeh
issue. Perhaps I should give CAT's another chance based on your results.
Can't fault that shot you posted, nice pic. How did you "fix" it before
posting? I still have the 350 Tamron which is a nice little lens but
lacks the contrast of the Zuiko.

Mike