[OM] Re: [Fwd: Advice neded from Zuiko analog 16mm fisheye users]

Subject: [OM] Re: [Fwd: Advice neded from Zuiko analog 16mm fisheye users]
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 09:10:09 -0800
Cc: oiwert@xxxxxxx
What I see is consistant with an earlier answer:

1016xx -  O56(O2), Y48(Y2), L39(UV)  -  Silver nosed lens, with metal lens
cap (cap labeled 16)
1064xx -  O56(O2), Y48(Y2), NEUTRAL  -  Black nosed lens , with plastic lens
cap (cap labeled 16 or 18)

The only shiny silver on the silver nosed lens is the ring just inside of
the apperture setting ring. The front element ring on the silver nosed says
"1:3.5  f=16mm" while the black nosed says "16mm  1:3.5".  The silver nosed
lens has "LENS MADE IN JAPAN" engraved into the side of the silver mount.
The black nosed lens has "JAPAN" engraved.

The lenses look to be idential sizes and idential construction. Probably the
front element ring label is the most obvious difference. I don't know if all
of the changes were made at the same time.

-jeff