[OM] Re: using 35mm lense with 4/3 dlsr

Subject: [OM] Re: using 35mm lense with 4/3 dlsr
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 22:25:51 -0500
I think the technical details are more like Olympus makes less money if
you continue to use old lenses.  They had to be dragged kicking and
screaming to release the OM to 4/3 adapter.

To be fair, ZD lenses are newer and undoubtedly better. They also
communicate with the body so that lens specific parameters can be
handled.  They're probably made to resolve 10-12 MP on the 4/3 sensor.
But the OM lesnes compare very well when they only have to handle 5 MP
on the E-1.  Maybe 8 MP on the later cameras as well.

Chuck Norcutt