[OM] Re: photo ops in Newark, NJ

Subject: [OM] Re: photo ops in Newark, NJ
From: Bob_Benson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 16:57:20 -0600
1.  Take the train to Newark's station, then take the PATH train down to
Exchange Place (which is on the Hudson river opposite Manhattan.)   Or
take a cab directly (probably $25, and about 20 minutes except in rush
hour.)  I'd do the latter.  The price isn't bad, and you would get the
most time there.  Once there, a very nice river walk;  also can take the
light rail to Hoboken (maybe 10 minutes) which is interesting.  If you
have enough time, you can catch a ferry there at Exchange Place,  or
Hoboken if you prefer, (every 20 minutes I think) across to Manhattan and
back.   Great views of the city.  Or walk south, get a view of lady
liberty.

2.  Rent a car, and drive under the Pulaski Skyway (circa 1927, at the
time a "7th wonder of the world") - about 15 minutes towards Jersey City.
Marvelous iron bridge/trestle.  PS if you take the cab per above, you
probably will drive over the trestle.

3.  Once at Exchange Place, you can walk about 3 blocks west on Montgomery
and see some very interesting old row houses.  Don't do this at night
however.

BB

John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx