[OM] Re: photo ops in Newark, NJ

Subject: [OM] Re: photo ops in Newark, NJ
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 20:27:57 -0800
John Hudson wrote:

>Return flights out of Halifax, Nova Scotia to the UK are notoriously
>expensive. A return flight from Vancouver, BC or Calgary to London can be
>had for about the same money ......circa C$800 all in. I flew from Halifax
>to Manchester via Boston last summer for $100+  less money than a direct
>flight on Air Canada. American Airlines was a good experience.

Obviously fuel costs have very little to do with ticket pricing. :-)

>Plus, I could down a few regular Coors [unavailable in Canada] at Logan
>Airport.

Different strokes. Drinking light, relatively tasteless Coors where
there are some great micro-brews seems a dead waste to me. I don't
remember what I had last time I was waiting in Logan a couple of years
ago, but I know it wasn't Coors. And in Manchester airport, you can get
Old Brown Dog on tap - Woof Woof!  I used to really enjoy a Newcastle
Brown Ale once in a while. The Old Brown Dog has spoiled me now, though.

>There are no special visa requirements for Canadians travelling thru the US
>en-route elsewhere.

Good to know we are nice to some people....

Moose