[OM] Re: Balancing old and new material

Subject: [OM] Re: Balancing old and new material
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 10:07:15 -0400
Quoting Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> I think the answer might be in the title of this thread - balance.  Balance
> the old and the new.
>
> Work through your old stuff to sift the good from the dross, then 'do
> something' with the good stuff (website/prints/etc).
>
> But at the same time keep making new photos which will help keep you
> motivated.  Until you clear the old backlog you don't need to get carried
> away - while the weather is keeping you indoors try some table-top still
> life's.  Experiment with macro.  Find a cute model and learn more about
> using flash.

Yep, I think that is the key. I had a half finished roll of Tri-X that had some
shots I wanted to see so I finished that off and processed it earlier this
week, I'm pretty happy with the results. When I finished that roll I decided to
try some Weston inspired shots of a bulb of garlic, taking advantage of the
north light I get through my living room windows. I was experimenting with
exposing Plus-X at 80 for that roll. Unfortunately, that roll came out thin,
seems to be underdeveloped. I had developed it in D-76 1:1 for 4 mins at 72F
(per the chart I used) but I was a little concerned about the short developing
time. I'm planning to do up contact sheets this evening so I'll see if there's
anything salvagable from that roll. OM content - shot with an OM-1n and Tamron
90/2.5 macro with yellow filter. So I was on the right track with doing table
top stills and experimenting with macro.

As for the model, shouldn't that be find a cute model and get flashed?