[OM] Re: Irritating question #183--Which scanner to get

Subject: [OM] Re: Irritating question #183--Which scanner to get
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 22:47:34 -0800
Steve Goss wrote:

>Ken-
>To add to the business analysis from Moose:
>1. The Nikon 4000ED also accepts the slide feeder and would be somewhat less
>expensive, being an
>older model. It would also have less resolution.

As a business matter, I would rather have no questions about performance
of a used machine and would want the warranty.

>2. Besides bulk scanning your slides, you could also bulk scan other people's
>slides, which could
>help amortize your costs quicker.

Good idea! Ken would have to evaluate the going rate vs. his time, of
course. If it doesn't pay as well as other activities, no go.

>3. The only other "high throughput" scanner endorsed by this list seems to be
>the Canon 9950F
>flatbed scanner. Much less cost, but much more labor intensive.

Yes, I've suggested that before and have been considering one for my own
scan all the old film project. But mine is hobby, not business. It
doesn't matter how long it takes.

Moose