[OM] Re: E-330

Subject: [OM] Re: E-330
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 08:15:08 -0600
On 1/25/06, Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The new E-330 E-System body had just been announced:
>
> http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/news/2006a/nr060126e330e.cfm
>
> Looks like a nice SLR/P&S hybrid, it should do well in the marketplace.
>                                 -mark

Looks like a winner, though I had hoped that the "live preview" would
somehow be available through the viewfinder.  I'm certain that the
histogram can be shown on the screen, but I'd hoped to be able to see
that without taking my eye off the viewfinder.  In this respect, the
C8080, or any camera with an EVF, is still superior.  But the moveable
LCD, which is big, is a great advantage.  I think the styling is
improved significantly just by that little decrease in width (though
the E-300's looks never bothered me).  Kudos Olympus.

I'm trying to find out if the viewfinder is still the same size as the
E-300, or whether it is the size of the smaller E-500.

Joel W.