[OM] 5D anyone?

Subject: [OM] 5D anyone?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 20:16:18 -0500
I manged to borrow a Canon 5D for about 10 minutes today to see how it
would perform with some Oly mount wide angles.  I took a few shots
indoors but I didn't have a flash available and the shutter speed was
too long to show anything except fairly blurred images.  No IS in these
old Oly mount lenses.

I did manage to step outside, however, for one shot in the fading
afternoon sun which allowed me to shoot at ISO 400, 1/500 sec., OM mount
17/3.5 Tokina RMC set at f/8 I think although it could have been f/5.6.

Camera was set in Av mode (aperture priority automatic) with auto white
balance.  I have no idea how any other parameters such as sharpening,
etc. might have been set.  The camera has been in the owners hands only
a couple of days so I'd guess they are likely still set at defaults.  I
know there have only been a few pictures taken with it.

I used my Hong Kong OM-EOS adapter which facilitates stop down metering
which is what was going on here.  No exposure adjustments of any kind.
Given all the snow and bright sky I think it did an admirable job on the
exposure.  The lens shows a fair amount of vignetting against the sky
and snow.  Probably the first snow pictures ever taken with this lens by me.

This link <http://www.chucknorcutt.com/5D%20sample/img_9715.htm> gives
you two images.  The first is a scrunched down version of the 12.8MP
original full frame image.  The second is an 800x600 crop from the
middle of the right half at 100%.

The full frame image has been sharpened slighly by the resizing utility
after it was shrunk.  The 1 to 1 pixel view has been untouched except
for the crop.

Enjoy,
Chuck Norcutt