[OM] Re: Zuiko 300mm on E question

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko 300mm on E question
From: oly-zooko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 08:21:12 -0500
Very nice!! Thanks for sharing that. That is the type of work I'd like to do
with the 300mm
lens.

On 25 Jan 2006 at 7:14, Joel Wilcox wrote:

On 1/24/06, oly-zooko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <oly-zooko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> When using the Zuiko 300mm Lens on an E-series camera w/ the adapter - does
> it in fact
> become a 600mm? Isnt that overkill when taking wildlife shots or photos at a
> zoo? What
> would you suggest for something equivalent to 300mm (when used on an OM) for
> an E-
> series with the adapter?

This is from my kitchen window to the bird feeder (maybe 20 feet):

http://soli.inav.net/~jdub/day/day41.html

Works well for such small birds.  At that same distance I often use
the 80-200 for larger birds, and I think that range would be a little
better at the zoo if you couldn't have both.

Joel W.