[OM] Re: Recent airline reviews?

Subject: [OM] Re: Recent airline reviews?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 14:29:31 -0800
I don't think you can really second guess these things.

  My last night in Thailand a group of us sat up and drank all night
waiting for our 5AM flight. Lots of fun doing a little Karioke
competition with a semi-bilingual French group. Saw them in the
morning at the airport in their Air France flight uniforms looking a
little tired.

My brother spent a dozen years working for an aircraft maintenance
company and he never ran out of horror stories like engines hanging
by three or four bolts and splits running down main frames of planes
coming in for routine maintenance. The last one was such a mess even
after they were through with it that everyone came out and cheered
when it took off successfully.

I think consensus is that Boeings are the least likely to fall even
with major problems.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA