[OM] Re: Recent airline reviews?

Subject: [OM] Re: Recent airline reviews?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 18:49:39 -0500
Hmmm.  Sounds very reminiscent of my recent soujourn back to Boston from
Vegas.  TED got me from Vegas to Denver OK but United had to try three
different aircraft to get out of Denver.  The first one was sitting at
the gate when I got there with a maintenance crew obviously in animated
discussion obout the brakes on the left wheel.  They announced that they
were going to bring out a different aircraft but shortly afterward
announced it had some sort of unspecified problem and they were going to
take the aircraft for a short test flight.  Sometime later they
announced that that aircraft was going to be replaced by another.

This whole process took about three hours and got me back to Boston well
after most of the airport was closed and the shuttle buses (honoring my
prepaid ticket) had stopped running to the satellite parking lots.  It
took a $50 cab ride at 2 am (with a drunk or stoned cabbie) to get the
10-12 miles back to my car.

As soon as I got out of the cab I called the local cops to try and
intercept him before he could get back on the interstate back to Boston.

Argghhh!  That's why I said Jet Blue was looking like the right choice.

Chuck Norcutt